[Paraview] Problems with Delaunay3D

Fred Fred stan1313 at hotmail.fr
Tue Nov 15 11:24:40 EST 2011

Delaunay3D is supposed to compute a tetraedralization of a domain, I suspect your intend was to compute a triangulation and you need vtkDelaunay.

Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 17:08:56 +0100
From: RichSchmidt at web.de
To: paraview at paraview.org
Subject: [Paraview] Problems with Delaunay3D

Dear all,

I am pretty new with ParaView and I have a problem at the moment:

I wanted to generate the surface of a vessel geometry which I imported as *.csv file. After importing the coordinates of the points of the surface I used the "TableToPoints" Filter (I read this in an older thread) (see pic1) and after this I wanted to generate the surface by using "Delaunay3D", but unfortunately the surface looks really strange (see pic2). I guess that ParaView doesn't only connect the three closest points but also points of both branches of the vessel.
Does anybody have an idea how I could solve this problem?
Thanks a million for your help!
Lilly