[Paraview] Problem after updating from Paraview 3.8.1 to Paraview 3.12

Jorge Gerardo Peña Pastor jorge.pena.pastor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 10:33:47 EST 2011

Hello,

I've managed to run a Paraview based application created with Paraview
3.8.1 using Paraview 3.12, but one of my filters is reporting an error
it didn't before.

My vtkAlgorithm is a sub-class of vtkImageAlgorithm, which as a result
of processing the input data generates a new vtkImageData which is
smaller than the original one.
Before, I managed to use that filter in my application, but now I get
the following error:
ERROR: src/ParaView-3.12.0/VTK/Filtering/vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx,
line 1009
vtkPVCompositeDataPipeline (0x4c3dca0): The update extent specified in
the information for output port 0 on algorithm
vtkConnectedThresholdImageFilter(0x4c3c8d0) is 0 698 0 535 0 114,
which is outside the whole extent 408 421 86 106 0 1.

Inside my RequestData I've tried changing all possible combinations of
whole extent, update extent and extent for both output and
outputInformation without success.

I've found several threads talking about changing
StreamDrivenPipeline::WHOLE_EXTENT inside RequestUpdateExtent, but in
order to change the value there I need to execute before at least one
time my algorithm because the extent depends on the result of the
algorithm.

Could someone point me in the right direction to make this work with
Paraview 3.12?

Thank you for your help.