[Paraview] Compiling Paraview on cluster

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Tue Nov 1 15:55:31 EDT 2011

One thing I should clarify:

When I said the client and server apps can be compiled independently, I
meant with respect to X11/and OpenGL options. You will need to be aware
that other build options are not as flexible.  For instance if you want
your users to be able to use binaries from Kitware web site, you need to
enable the same plugin options, otherwise the server could crash for
instance when opening files. This is my experience up to ver 3.10, I
hope that in the future releases PV will be more intelligent about only
using a server side object if it's present.