[Paraview] Interpolate data from an unstructured mesh to a structured one

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Tue Nov 1 09:07:14 EDT 2011

Hi Gena,

you can also use "Resample with dataset". The only missing part will
be your destination dataset that you want to use for sampling your
original data.
You can look at that documentation to create an empty one manually by
creating a legacy VTK file.
http://www.vtk.org/VTK/img/file-formats.pdf
I've paste the content of a rectilinear one below. You will just need
to tweak some parameters.

Seb

===== Your sampling dataset could look like that file: probe.vtk =====

# vtk DataFile Version 3.0