[Paraview] ANN: Upcoming changes to ParaView Server Manager

Sven Buijssen sven.buijssen at tu-dortmund.de
Tue Mar 29 19:17:34 EDT 2011

Hi Seb,

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Plugin_HowTo#Adding_an_object_panel shows
a trivial example of how to tweak a panel with some custom GUI elements. For
convenience, I've put the necessary code together in the attached archive.

With the Collaboration branch, this plugin's text "This is from a plugin" won't
get displayed any more in the panel of the Cone source for release builds.
A debug build of the code still compiles just fine against a Collaboration
branch debug build, even loads into it, but when creating a cone source,
ParaView crashes with

ERROR: In
/ParaViewCollaboration.git/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/vtkSMRemoteObject.cxx,
line 124
vtkSMSourceProxy (0x11a4730): GlobalID must NOT be changed once it has been
assigned.
Try to set 145 to replace the current 289 value.

Any idea what might need to be changed in order to get this working?
A different syntax for the ADD_PARAVIEW_OBJECT_PANEL in CMakeLists.txt maybe?

Thanks for any hint.

Sven