[Paraview] VirtualGL dashboard errors

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Mar 2 10:59:59 EST 2011

Every night, I run the dashboard tests and get about 1000 passes and 60 fails. Some of the fails are genuine, but a hefty chunk are caused by this kind of error message caused by us using VirtualGL for remote VNC based use of the cluster,
http://cdash.cscs.ch/testDetails.php?test=241451&build=1394
most tests pass, because ctest is launched with
vglrun ctest blah blah blah
but for reasons unknown to me, the test which pop up a colour editor dialof for example, must somehow spawn a new window without the usual vglrun config. I don't really understand - hence my post to the list

option 1 - find out why this error happens and fix it properly - please help with this if you can
option 2 - modify the ctest to ignore this particular error message, which is done for a small number of other vtk/paraview test warning/error messages. not as good as 1, but if it works, then fine.
option 3. is there something else I should know?

thanks for any advice.

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch