[Paraview] Paraview

Gerard Droege gdroege at lpl.arizona.edu
Thu Jan 27 09:42:19 EST 2011

Scott, thank you.

I am already working in sequence mode.    The data I am working with is
lunar data from the lunar reconnaissance orbiter  LRO.   I am taking
data from the laser altimeter instrument on the spacecraft which is at
very high resolution and constructing the lunar surface topography and
then using data from another instrument, a neutron spectrometer which
can give us an idea where the hydrogen (water) is located, overlaying
that data on the surface and coloring by it.

I made animations on a 32 bit windows machine last fall in a similar
fashion using lower resolution data with great success and no
troubles.   I am using a 64 bit machine now with 12 gb of ram,  which is
why I was wondering could the rendering be getting way ahead of the
writing to disc, not waiting for some buffer to be ready.

I've read in the manual about the temporal interpolater but not sure how
to apply this to an animation.    I have about 7 camera positions and am
doing a slow orbit about the north pole of the moon.    The camera
positions appear to be interpolated just fine.    It's simply that if I
render a few thousand frames,   midway through the resulting avi, there
are frames where data seems to be lost.

thanks again,

gerard
LPL