[Paraview] Paraview Python Script with PVFWrap

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Wed Jan 26 10:42:40 EST 2011

Hi Fabian,

Please remember to include the paraview mailing list when you reply.

What you report is a bug, but you can avoid it- when you open your openfoam
dataset you should check each block that you want to load *before you hit
apply for the first time*

The problem is the first time you load your data and click apply, paraview
sees a multiblock dataset containing only unstructured grid data, so it
creates an unstructured grid display.  This display has properties related
to volume rendering, and these properties are recorded in the trace script.
Later you must have enabled more blocks, so that multiblock dataset now
contains unstructured grid and polydata.  When the trace script is replayed,
paraview sees the unstructured grid and polydata datasets, so it creates a
geometry display instead of an unstructured grid display.  The geometry
display lacks the volume rendering properties.

Pat