[Paraview] Paraview Python Script with PVFWrap

Weirs, V Gregory vgweirs at sandia.gov
Mon Jan 24 14:13:29 EST 2011

No. PVFWrap was a prototype interface that has been substantially improved to become the current paraview.simple. Most people use the python trace to establish their initial python scripts and then modify them, but if you know the names of the filters and only want to specify changes from default values for properties, you can script "from scratch" without using python trace.

I don't know anything about plans to implement VisIt's python interface in ParaView.

Greg