[Paraview] sweeping a mesh

Felipe Bordeu felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr
Sun Jan 16 12:03:02 EST 2011

hello,

I am trying to do a very particular thing.

A have a mesh (unstructured), with a displacement field (dep) that
depens on some parameters (time, temperature...), and I will like to
visualise the total volume sweep by the mesh.

Until now my approach is to calculate the field for a given parameter,
then warp the mesh with the displacement field, extract the surface
and append the surface mesh to the final mesh.

the problem is that the final mesh is very very big. I will like to
know of a way to clean internal elements, so I can keep only the
envelope mesh.

any ideas....

Felipe

Felipe Bordeu Weldt
Ingénieur de Recherche
Tél. : +33 2 40 37 16 57
Fax. : +33 2 40 74 74 06
felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr
Institut en Génie Civil et Mécanique (GeM)
École Centrale de Nantes, Université de Nantes, CNRS
1 rue de la Noë BP 92101
44321 Nantes Cedex 3