[Paraview] xyzc file to vtk

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Jan 12 10:38:38 EST 2011

You should be able to read the ascii file directly into ParaView.  Attempt to load the file and then, assuming you have not used an extension reserved for another reader's files, select "Comma-separated-values" from the next dialog box listing all available readers.  This is the csv reader, but you can replace the delimiter to any character you want (in your case, I think you want space).

That will load the data as a table.  Simply run the Table to Points filter to convert them to a collection of points in space.  From there you can trivially write the data out in VTK format.

-Ken