[Paraview] ParaView 3.8.1 and HDF5

Nathalie.Rauschmayr at dlr.de Nathalie.Rauschmayr at dlr.de
Fri Jan 7 09:13:27 EST 2011

Hello,

I've installed a HDF5 version on my system and I've tried to compile ParaView 3.8.1 with this version.
I used the CMAKE flag "PARAVIEW_USE_SYSTEM_HDF5" therefore. I always get the following error:

ParaView/Utilities/Xdmf2/libsrc/XdmfH5Driver.cxx:189: error: braces around scalar initializer for type ‘herr_t (*)(H5FD_t*, unsigned char*, hbool_t)’

The HDF5 version, which I use, is a modified version, which is described in this site:
https://hpcforge.org/plugins/mediawiki/wiki/h5fddsm/index.php/Main_Page

What's going wrong with the installation of ParaView?

best regards,

nathalie