[Paraview] Re : Multiple selections: points and cells

R M mlokida at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 5 10:10:35 EST 2011

And if I develop a specific selection plugin.
I can see in the "VTK User'guide" book in "13.4 Selections" page 291 and here:
http://www.kitware.com/products/html/SelectionsInVTK.html

"vtkSelection is a container class holding one or more vtk-SelectionNode
objects. Each node contains information indicating what part of the data  is
selected. A compound selection is interpreted as the union of the individual
node selections.  We allow selections to consist of multiple nodes so that in
one place  we can represent selections on multiple parts of the data. For
example, a  selection on geometry may contain a vtkSelectionNode for both points
and cells. Another use case is to collect selections from multiple  datasets in
the same renderer into one place."

So, this means that it could be possible to do this ("For example, a  selection
on geometry may contain a vtkSelectionNode for both points  and cell").

But, if it is possible, how a plugin processing a data (vtkPolyData,
vtkUnstructuredGrid, vtkMultiBlocDataSet) on which we want to use one of the
selection (points or cells) could have this list of selected data (points or
Cells) ?

Thanks.