[Paraview] Saving image in VTK format

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Sep 21 16:12:02 EDT 2010

VTK has a data type called structured grid that is different than image data (and also different than unstructured grid).  If ParaView is not telling you that your data is image data or a uniform grid, then the data you write out will be necessarily incompatible with reading it as an image file.

-Ken