[Paraview] Hidden objects in povray export

joseph insley insley at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 8 15:35:32 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have recently started experimenting with exporting data objects in
ParaView as povray files, and have run into the following issue.  I
have an unstructured grid dataset, from which I generate some
streamlines and cutting planes.  Inside ParaView I hide the original
data and view only the streamlines and cutting planes, and things look
great.  However, when I export this as pov, the resulting .pov file
includes the original (hidden) data, so that when I try to render this
file with povray, all I see is the original mesh.  Not to mention that
it makes the size of the resulting pov file much larger than is needed
by including this extra data.  Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Is
there some way that I'm missing of telling ParaView not to include
hidden data objects in the pov file when exporting?

(btw, this is using the PV3.8.0 Mac binary)

Thanks,
joe.