[Paraview] Problems with Surface LIC

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Fri Sep 3 09:26:33 EDT 2010

David E DeMarle wrote:
> GPU drivers are frequently buggy. It is one of the reasons why they
> come out so frequently.

Thank you for the answer.
So the GPU rule seems to be: "When you have got a good driver for LIC,
please don't update it!" :D
These are not good news for people depending on system administrators
who may have planned periodic GPU updates (although the period between
two updates may be very looooong!) and may have other priorities than
searching for the best driver to make a given software run, especially
if this is only for a few number of more or less obsolete workstations.
This promises again sweat, blood an tears for some poor LIC users... :D
But indeed, LIC is a great plugin. I got some pretty pictures on some
workstations and on my home computer (with a good driver!). The LIC
developers have made a good job, and I hope they will be able to
increase its robustness in the future releases.

--
 Richard GRENON
 ONERA
 mailto:Richard.Grenon at onera.fr