[Paraview] Error importing numpy [Windows]

DParker at chromalloy.com DParker at chromalloy.com
Fri Oct 29 12:19:51 EDT 2010

I'm attempting to use an existing installation of numpy in Paraview on
Windows. I installed Paraview from a binary installer onto Windows.
Paraview installed it's own Python version without numpy. I tried
appending the path to an existing numpy installation on the computer to
the PYTHONPATH within the Paraview Python shell, but I cannot import numpy
(see Python shell traceback):

ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Both the Paraview and Windows Python versions are 2.6. Any ideas on how to
proceed?

David Parker
Chromalloy - TDAG