[Paraview] picking/widgets, events, ImageData -> plots

Randy Heiland heiland at indiana.edu
Tue Oct 26 16:08:37 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to evaluate ParaView (3.8.1) as a possible framework/app for a tool we're trying to build (standalone, not client/server).  Our tool will primarily vis only static 2D ImageData.  We would like the ability to select a region of the ImageData, e.g. select an entire row, and have an X-Y plot be displayed in another window.  So, in this use case, one window (ImageData) remains static, but as a new row is selected, another window (plot/chart) is dynamically updated.  I'd welcome pointers to docs/examples and suggestions.

I did see this thread on widgets:
http://paraview.markmail.org/search/?q=mouse+event#query:mouse%20event+page:1+mid:iqhyx3k4ik6sk5ue+state:results

and I was also playing around with the Selection Inspector.  However it seems that this only works with a 3D window(?) which is actually something I'd like to avoid, in terms of the freedom to rotate the ImageData about X or Y.

thanks, Randy