[Paraview] Python Reader

Brockmann Patrick Patrick.Brockmann at cea.fr
Tue Oct 19 09:26:04 EDT 2010

Paul Edwards a écrit :
> Hi Patrick,
>
> Have you tried adding a StringVectorProperty to your XML for a
> filename (with <FileListDomain name="files"/>) and having a GUI XML
> file for adding a reader?  I think someone suggested you look at the
> helix source xml
> (http://paraview.org/gitweb?p=ParaView.git;a=blob;f=Examples/Plugins/HelixSource/helix.xml;h=d6c385561d9cdffc5298ced17d700bae8bc167b6;hb=HEAD)
> and you can see how to add the GUI XML file in the other reader
> example
> (http://paraview.org/gitweb?p=ParaView.git;a=tree;f=Examples/Plugins/Reader;hb=HEAD)

Hi Paul,

Thanks to share your experience on this topic.
As I wrote to another paraview user,
my python code is a small 200 lines using netCDF4, numpy
and its conversion is not as straightforward as it could be because I use
many numpy functions.
Of course, I can do it but the python approach is more attrative.

I have tried to add
     <StringVectorProperty
        name="FileName"
        animateable="0"
        command="SetFileName"
        number_of_elements="1">
        <FileListDomain name="files"/>
     </StringVectorProperty>

to the helix.xml example but
when I load it nothing appears in the source menu.

What I would like is a Python Reader example.
If someone has this to share, I am very interested.

Patrick

--
LSCE/IPSL, Laboratoire CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Data Analysis and Visualization Engineer