[Paraview] Xdmf module in Paraview Python shell

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Sat Oct 16 08:04:26 EDT 2010

Hey Nicholas,

If you build ParaView with XDMF_WRAP_PYTHON: ON, then the build process should generate _Xdmf.so (or whatever your platform's extension is for python module libraries) in the [build]/bin directory. If that is in your PYTHONPATH, you should be able to substitute "from _Xdmf import *" instead of the example's original first line.

There may be a more elegant way to install it so you can use the original line and not have to alter your PYTHONPATH, but hopefully this will get you started until someone more knowledgeable speaks up.

Note that if you build ParaView with Python support, the other thing that should get built is libvtkXdmfPython.so, which includes the vtkXdmfReader and Writer, which can be very handy.

Talk to you later,
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group