[Paraview] [paraview] compiling Mesa with paraview

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Thu Oct 14 11:28:05 EDT 2010

On 10/14/2010 10:13 AM, Joshua Wu wrote:
> I'm recently started to install paraview on a new machine,
> OS is Ubuntu, a 64 bit machine.
> Mesa itself is built smoothly and my cmake configuration
> is the same as I built before (I successfully built Mesa with
> PV many times), I've tried three versions of Mesa to be
> integrated into PV, 7.9, 7.6.1 and 7.0.4. About 48% of building PV,
> I get the following consistent error
>
> ---
> /home/joshuawu/remoteparaview/mesa/Mesa-7.0.4/lib64/libOSMesa.so.6:
> undefined reference to `_mesa_create_framebuffer'

Mesa has suffered some turmoil lately as far as OSMesa is concerned.

The end result is that the most recent version of mesa and the
development version can not have libOSMesa.so and libGL.so (not even the
one produced along with OSMesa) linked by the same application.

My OSMesa build configuration is here :

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewNotes.php?buildid=748789

I build Mesa from git every night like this :

rm -rf /home/kevin/mesa_osmesa/*
cd /home/kevin/mesa
make realclean
git pull origin