[Paraview] adjusting the glyph filter

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 08:01:04 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 12:52 AM, Rob Nugen
<users-paraview.org at robnugen.com> wrote:
> Hello Paraviewers
>
> The Glyph Filter includes in its properties a glyph type "Arrow."
> Each arrow can have its radius and length (for both the tip and shaft)
> be drawn proportionally to the value of the vector it represents.
>
> I'm asked to slightly (?) adjust the glyph filter so that, for each
> individual arrow, its length is determined by the value of vector A,
> and its radius is determined by the value of vector B [and its color
> is determined by vector C [ and its opacity is determined by vector
> D]].
>
> I've been a programmer for many years, but have come to Paraview just
> this week.  I've been searching and stepping through some of the
> tutorials / examples, but so far nothing looks like what I'm trying to
> do.
>
> My question, for lovely veterans: at what level would this type of
> change need to occur?  Can it be done just through "Programmable
> Filters?" (So far, I don't think so).    Do I have to learn VTK and
> compile new filters from there?
>
> To sweeten the deal, I have a bit of a budget to get this done (by 21 October).
>
> my setup:
>
> I'm running ParaView universal binary on Mac OS X 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard)
> ParaView Version 3.8.1  32-bit
> Qt version 4.6.2

I don't have an answer, but while you're waiting for a better response
these might be working taking a look at:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/ScaleGlyphs
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Broken/Visualization/ProgrammableGlyphFilter

David