[Paraview] adjusting the glyph filter

Rob Nugen users-paraview.org at robnugen.com
Thu Oct 14 00:52:48 EDT 2010

Hello Paraviewers

The Glyph Filter includes in its properties a glyph type "Arrow."
Each arrow can have its radius and length (for both the tip and shaft)
be drawn proportionally to the value of the vector it represents.

I'm asked to slightly (?) adjust the glyph filter so that, for each
individual arrow, its length is determined by the value of vector A,
and its radius is determined by the value of vector B [and its color
is determined by vector C [ and its opacity is determined by vector
D]].

I've been a programmer for many years, but have come to Paraview just
this week.  I've been searching and stepping through some of the
tutorials / examples, but so far nothing looks like what I'm trying to
do.

My question, for lovely veterans: at what level would this type of
change need to occur?  Can it be done just through "Programmable
Filters?" (So far, I don't think so).    Do I have to learn VTK and
compile new filters from there?

To sweeten the deal, I have a bit of a budget to get this done (by 21 October).

my setup:

I'm running ParaView universal binary on Mac OS X 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard)
ParaView Version 3.8.1  32-bit
Qt version 4.6.2