[Paraview] How to add vector/scalar field as attributes to a vtkPointSet (vtkPolyData, ...)?

R M mlokida at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 12 12:08:22 EDT 2010

Hi,

Like the title say, I would to like to add some attributes to a vtkPointSet
(vtkPolyData and vtkUnstructuredGrid).
The attributes are vector(2D, 3D,...) field or scalar field.

For a scalar Field, If I want to add an attribute to the cells , I do:
output->GetCellData()->AddArray( data) and
output->GetPointData()->AddArray(donnees);  for the points
For the moment it is ok, because I can select them in Paraview.

But now, I have a 2D (or 3D) vector field (velocity) and I would to add the
velocity field for the points or the cells.  How can I do that ?
Moreover, if I want to show somme arrow (to show the direction of the vectors)
should I use the glyph filter ?

Thank you.