[Paraview] setting the flags for compilation for offscreen rendering support

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Sat Oct 9 11:57:54 EDT 2010

You should set VTK_USE_OFFSCREEN to on (I'm assuming you've already turned
on VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA).  Then you'll need to set the OSMesa libraries and
header files (OSMESA_INCLUDE_DIR and OSMESA_LIBRARY).  When I've done this
in the past I didn't set VTK_USE_DISPLAY so you can probably leave that as
is.  To be safe, you may want to set OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR, OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY,
and OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY to the OSMesa versions of those (I'm not sure if this
is necessary or not).  Finally, then you'll need the following in your
python script to turn on off screen rendering:

import paraview.servermanager as sm
options = sm.vtkPVOptions()
options.SetUseOffscreenRendering(1)

Andy