[Paraview] setting the flags for compilation for offscreen rendering support

Milos Ilak ilak at mech.kth.se
Sat Oct 9 11:31:33 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have been using ParaView with Python scripts successfully, but I still
have the problem of offscreen rendering not working properly, i.e., I always
get a screen popping up every few seconds while the script is running. From
the discussion below I understand that setting up offscreen rendering
properly is done at compile time:

http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2010-April/016734.html

But I am not sure where I need to set the flags mentioned, such as
VTK_USE_OFFSCREEN, VTK_USE_DISPLAY, etc. I would like to try this myself
before I ask the admins on the cluster I am using to do it for me. I have
been looking at the Makefiles and config files in the 3.8.1 version, but
there are so many of them...Should this be done in vtkPVConfig.h.in perhaps?
Thanks!

Milos

--
Miloš Ilak