[Paraview] Extract cells by region and colors

Panagiotis Foteinos pafotein at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 16:44:00 EST 2010

Hello.

I use Paraview to open a VTK ASCII tetrahedral unstructured grid file which
has color scalars assigned per cell (tetrahedron). Everything is correct so
far: I am able to see the different colors on the surface of the
unstructured grid. That is, the boundary triangles are colored as they ought
to be according to the scalars of the file.

The problem occurs when I apply the Extract cells by region filter. The
different colors disappear and only one color is displayed for all cells. Is
there a way to preserve the different colors per cell after the filter is
applied?

Regards,
Panagiotis Foteinos