[Paraview] PV 3.81 color legend multiple views

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Nov 30 11:03:31 EST 2010

That behavior is not incorrect.  ParaView is supposed to synchronize the color map of all fields with the same name regardless of which pipeline object the data comes from or what view they are in.  This is an important feature that prevents confusion when interpreting field values and also avoids the headache of having to change the colors of the same field over and over again.

If the development version allows you to declare different color maps for the same variable, then that is a bug and should be fixed before the 3.10 release.  However, I tried both 3.8.1 and the development build from last night and it appears that the color map is synchronizing just fine (although you usually have to force a render in other views to update to changes in the color map).

-Ken