[Paraview] Saving integrated data on an animated slice

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Tue Nov 30 10:54:42 EST 2010

Thanks, Adriano.

This seems to be a very good idea. I could attach a Programmable Filter
script after my "Surface flow" filter.
My script should first create the data file with an "append" status so
that it would not be overwritten at each animation step, then it should
output the "Surface Flow" point value at each step. So maybe two
Programmable Filter scripts? The first one before the animated Clip
filter to create the output file, the second after the Surface flow
filter. Maybe a pipeline like that:

- Programmable Filter 1 : Creates the output file with "append" status.
Should execute once!
- Animated Clip : X coordinate of the cutting plane origin is animated.
- Surface Flow filter: performs integrations and gives a "Surface Flow"
point value.
- Programmable Filter 2: write the "Surface Flow" value. Should execute
at each animation step.

I will try to do that, but I am not very easy with Python, so if someone
can help me to write these two scripts, thanks in advance.

Richard.

 mailto:Richard.Grenon at onera.fr
 http://www.onera.fr