[Paraview] Proper Way to Include Plugins in ParaView 3.8 and beyond

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Mon Nov 29 18:03:53 EST 2010

Lets try this again, from an even higher perspective:

I have several git repositories. Each one holds a plugin project for
paraview. They are:

PVMXA
PVDislocation
PVOIM

The three projects are independent. Usually I would set
PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULE to "PVMXA;PVOIM;PVDislocation" and run
CMake. CMake would ask me for all the source directories for each
"module" and things went as planned. With the
PARAVIEW_EXTERNAL_PLUGINS_FILE which one of the repos would I store
that in? (Rhetorical question..). I guess I can keep the same file in
_each_ of the repos with instructions telling the user how to comment
out what they don't need? Seems a bit odd to have to do it that way.
Now, if PARAVIEW_EXTERNAL_PLUGINS_FILE would actually be
PARAVIEW_EXTERNAL_PLUGINS_FILES (Note the plural) and I could assign
multiple files to it then this would be much better. Again, Having
been out of the ParaView plugin game for 9 months I may have missed
something along then way.

Hopefully that is more clear in where I am getting confused.
--
Mike Jackson <www.bluequartz.net>