[Paraview] vtkTable and LineChart

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Mon Nov 29 16:28:37 EST 2010

I think by default it will plot a line for each column in the table.  It
will use the cell value as the Y value, and the row index as the X value.
To change the behavior, you have to change two representation properties:

 rep.UseIndexForXAxis = 0

rep.XArrayName = 'foo'

This will plot all all the columns, except use the "foo" column as the X
values.  That means the line for the "foo" column is still displayed, and it
will be a diagonal line.

I just looked, and Paraview has one cheat hard coded- if there is a column
named "Time" or "arc_length" then it will be used automatically for the X
axis.

Pat