[Paraview] Calling the calculator filter repeatedly inside a for-loop

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Sun Nov 28 16:09:06 EST 2010

Hi George,

To execute a filter from python you can call UpdatePipeline().  This is just
like clicking the Apply button.  So for your code it would be
CalculatorX.UpdatePipeline().  But your loop isn't going to do what you
want.  Filters operate on their input data and output new data, they do not
modify their input data in place.  If you call the calculator filter 10
times, it's going to produce the same output each time unless its input has
changed.

Pat