[Paraview] Calling the calculator filter repeatedly inside a for-loop

George george.gerber at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 14:33:54 EST 2010

Hi paraviewers,

I am trying to write a python script where I call the Calculator filter
repeatedly inside a for-loop.
However, I am not quite sure how to write this for paraview. At the
moment my code looks like this:
~~~~~~~~~~~~
try: paraview.simple
except: from paraview.simple import *
paraview.simple._DisableFirstRenderCameraReset()

# Data Processing
Coarse = OpenFOAMReader( FileName='C:\\Users\\Public\\Mesh.OpenFOAM' )
Coarse.CellArrays = ['U', 'U_0', 'p']
Coarse.MeshRegions = ['internalMesh']
SetActiveSource(Coarse)
CalculatorX = Calculator()
CalculatorX.AttributeMode = 'point_data'
CalculatorX.Function = 'p'
CalculatorX.ResultArrayName = 'Result'

# A hypothetical for-loop where I repeatedly add the array 'p' to the
array 'Result'
for i in range(10):
     CalculatorX.Function = 'Result+p'    #( Result = Result + p)