[Paraview] How to update GUI/paraview when data and time change in a reader ?

R M mlokida at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 24 08:49:36 EST 2010

Hi,

Here’s my problems. I have a reader that load a geometry and some attributes (at
the points). These attributes changed in the time and I can select one of them
in a combo box (GUI in the reader).
first attribute is seleted (« A »).  The  selection in the reader GUI makes  the
call of a method doing the change of the selected attribute (« A ») and
corresponding time values. For time values it looks like this :

vtkDemandDrivenPipeline* ddp =
vtkDemandDrivenPipeline::SafeDownCast(this->GetExecutive());
vtkInformationVector* outputVector = ddp->GetOutputInformation();
vtkInformation* outInfo = outputVector->GetInformationObject(0);

outInfo->Set(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::TIME_STEPS(), & timeData[0],
numTimeData);

doubletimeRange[2];

timeRange[0] = timeData[0];
timeRange[1] = timData[numTimeData-1];

outInfo->Set(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::TIME_RANGE(), timeRange, 2);

The problems are the following. When I select «B» and make apply, timevalues
corresponding to «B» are set and a new vtkPolyData is made with the
corresponding point attribute data of «B» for the given time step. But, in
paraview, the mapped variable of the toolbars is not update. «A» is always here
(whereas I would like to have «B»).

-> How and where can we say to paraview to update the GUI and have the B appears
in the mapped variable of the toolbars ?

Moreover, Paraview has a geometry cache  (Edit/settings /Animation). But when
because paraview has cached data for the «A» and for the same time values than
«B». So paraview doesn’t need to update beacause it considerer to have data for
the requested time step.

-> So, How can I say to Paraview that when a new attribute is selected, it needs
to empty it’s cache and load data for requested time ?

Thank you.