[Paraview] calculating divergence of a velocity vector

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue Nov 23 09:51:22 EST 2010

Hi Mubashir,

ParaView has several gradient filters. If you apply these to a vector field,
they should produce a tensor. Then you can use the array calculator to
calculate the divergence. In the next version, you will be able to do this
directly through the Python Calculator. If you want to try out this feature,
you need to compile ParaView from source using Python and also make sure
that you have NumPy installed.

Best,
-berk