[Paraview] display thrid dimension of nc file

Xian Sperber xian2paraview at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 19 08:18:05 EST 2010

Thank for the reply.
I am using a netcdf grid file. This file consists of three dimensions. When
I open it in paraview the x- and y-dimensions are nicely displayed while the
z-variable is colour coded. I, however, would like to display the the
z-dimension in z-direction.

Opening the data in 3D mode allows me to rotate the grid as a flat disc but
does not give me a 3D effect of the z-dimension. Changing the vertical scale
had no effect either. In the Object Inspector>Information>Data Array is the
z-dimension listed with z, float, [5.566, 170.259] for Name, Data Type, Data
Ranges, respectively. In the Extents field, however, is the Z Extent 0 to 0
(dimension: 1).
Can anybody help?

xian