[Paraview] Finding element number in the diagram

Karen Lee kylkaren at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 15:10:05 EST 2010

Thanks.

I'm wondering, if I do a 2D cut of a 3D model, will the ID shown be a
number assigned for hte point/element in the 2D plane only? The
coordinates don't seem to match with that of the 3D mode and I've no
way of going the middle of the volume plot and seeing everything
clearly and selecting points from there...

Is there some way I can find the global ID of a given selected point
in a 2D cut?