[Paraview] reading a stack of TIFF images

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Thu Nov 18 03:44:49 EST 2010

I suggest you look at readers.xml and look as the example for the PNGSeriesReader

http://paraview.org/gitweb?p=ParaView.git;a=blob;f=Servers/ServerManager/Resources/readers.xml

Note also that both the PNG and the JPEG readers are enabled as "FileSeries".

But one must understand the difference between a) "FileSeries" and b) reading a stack of images as a volume.

a) reading a list of files as a series, means that you end up with a time-dependent series of 2D vtkImageData (look at the Time values in teh Information panel)

b) reading the list as a volume gives me a single 3D vtkImageData

I implemented the reading as a volume since I wanted to apply 3D filters (such as isosurface) to the data.