[Paraview] Volume rendering of CSV data

Pablo Bianucci pablo.bianucci at mail.mcgill.ca
Tue Nov 16 12:38:10 EST 2010

Hello,

This is probably a FAQ, but I could not find a procedure that worked for me.
I have data a CSV file (space-separater rather than comma-separated, but the CSV
reader reads it properly anyway) that looks like this:

x y z value

It is huge, with about 3 million points.

I've imported it into a table using the CSV reader, and it works well. However,
I'd like to do a volume plot of the data, but neither the "Table to points"
or "Table to structured grid" filters give me something I can volume render.

Does anybody know a process for obtaining that?

Thank you very much!

Pablo B.