[Paraview] Reloading Plot3D data during animation

John Haiducek jhaiduce at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 21:42:57 EST 2010

I have a series of Plot3D files, each corresponding to a different time step
of a time-dependent simulation. I want to animate this data, but I can't
figure out how to make get ParaView to load a new q file when the time
changes. When I couldn't do it from the GUI, I tried setting the q file from
a Python script. Even then, pvbatch seems to ignore changes to the q file
name after the first frame has been rendered. I'm setting it using:

grid_p3d.QFileName='/path/to/qfile.p3d'

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to load the other Plot3D q files?

John Haiducek