[Paraview] Problem with plugin reader and GUI selection

R M mlokida at yahoo.fr
Mon Nov 15 10:52:02 EST 2010

Hello,

I have a file format that contains arrays of scalars data (each array has a
name) . What I would like to do is to choose the array I have selected and load
it in paraview.
ex:
array 0 -> name = temp_0  1.2 3.5 7.8 ....
array 1 -> name = temp_1  8.7 5.9 2.3 ....
array 2 -> name = temp_2  72 10.5 87.8 ....

So, I have wrote  a plugin reader and in the xml file I have add for some tests
(from
http://paraview.org/Wiki/Plugin_HowTo#Adding_Categories_to_the_Filters_Menu):
<IntVectorProperty
                            name="temperature"
                            command="SetTemperature"
                            number_of_elements="1"
                            default_values="0">
            <EnumerationDomain name="enum">
              <Entry value="0" text="temp_0"/>
              <Entry value="1" text="temp_1"/>
              <Entry value="2" text="temp_2"/>
            </EnumerationDomain>
</IntVectorProperty>

When I use the plugin, I have a drop down list. But What I want is start from an
empty drop down list and add the name and index of the array at the end of the
requestInformation (Because files don't have the same number of arrays and
differents names).

But, I can find anything about how to do that (internet and The ParaView Guide
book and VTK User's Guide book).

How can I do that ?

Thank you for your help.