[Paraview] ParaView environment for Python

Hamilton Woods ghw at accutrol.com
Mon Nov 8 22:12:06 EST 2010

I have a Python script that works inside of ParaView.  I would
like to execute the script from IDLE.  I am using Python 3.1.2
on Windows.  The documentation I have seen indicates setting
an environment path for PYTHONPATH.  The examples are for Unix.
According to another piece of ParaView documentation, I could
use pvPython or pvBatch.

I tried to load simple.py and servermanager.py into IDLE.  There
were multiple syntax errors, which led me to consider that they
are out of date and therefore no longer to be used.

How does one interface with the ParaView engine (servermanager)
from outside of ParaView?  Is it similar for Windows and for
Unix?

Thanks for your help,
Hamilton Woods