[Paraview] ParticlePathlines filter with vtk time series

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Nov 8 10:27:53 EST 2010

Utkarsh,

sorry to contradict you, but actually the cells are irrelevant here. If you throw in a MaskPoints filter, with the create vertices option on, set mask to 1, and one point per cell, you see the points animate.
When you stick in a pathline filter, as Michael pointed out, the option to display the original point vars is gone. They get lost. I experimented by adding a calculator filter which did nothing except create a new point array and hey-presto - the point vars re-appear.

I didn't look into the pathline code, but it's just possible, that when there is only one scalar array, a bug manifests itself and you can't interpolate arrays. when there is >1 array, it works.

Probably when I implemented it originally, I assumed that one array was Ids and somehow mucked it up.

For a quick fix, throw a calculator filter in which just copied the TPART array with a new name to generate 2 arrays, then try again.

sorry also beacuse I had a look at this over the weekend and forgot completely to post my findings.

JB