[Paraview] How do I save an animation from a python script?

Milos Ilak ilak at mech.kth.se
Thu Nov 4 14:23:28 EDT 2010

Hi John,

I don't know how one could save an entire animation from Python, but I use
WriteImage() for each frame to output a .png, and I end up with a bunch of
numbered images (I manually write the file names in a loop). That gives you
more flexibility in encoding, as you can change the frame rate, bitrate, use
more codecs, etc...Of course, if you do this, you need to use some encoding
software such as ffmpeg, mencoder, QuickTime Pro, etc in order to encode the
movie. I hope this helps,

Milos

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 7:09 PM, John Haiducek <jhaiduce at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to save an animation from a python script using pvbatch or pvpython.
> Is there a python command for saving an image sequence, or do I need to
> repeatedly change frames and call WriteImage() each time?
>
> John Haiducek

Miloš Ilak
Linné FLOW Centre
KTH Mechanics, Stockholm