[Paraview] Adding Reader Plugin to "Files of Type" dialogue

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 17:46:25 EDT 2010

  Hi Peter,

The way PV learns about plugin reader extensions changed some time ago.
The place we specify the file extension association moved from the gui
xml to the server manager xml in the SourceProxy's hints.

Here are the modified XML files.

<!-- CSVImage.xml -->
<ServerManagerConfiguration>
<ProxyGroup name=”sources”>
<SourceProxy
name=”CSVImageReader”
class=”vtkCSVImageReader”>

<StringVectorProperty
name=”FileName”
command=”SetFileName”
number_of_elements=”1”>
<FileListDomain name=”files”/>
</StringVectorProperty>

<StringVectorProperty
name=”FieldDelimiterCharacters”
command=”SetFieldDelimiterCharacters”
number_of_elements=”1”
default_values=”,”/>

<!-- This is how PV now makes the association -->
<Hints>
<ReaderFactory
extensions="csvimg"
file_description="blah blah blah."/>
</Hints>

</SourceProxy>
</ProxyGroup>
</ServerManagerConfiguration>

<!-- CSVImageGUI.xml -->
<ParaViewReaders>

<!-- No information about file extension association -->
<Proxy group="sources" name="CSVImageReader" />

</ParaViewReaders>

Hope this helps
Burlen

Ps. I think the gui xml is now optional.