[Paraview] OBJ reader bug

D Haley mycae at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 16:27:15 EDT 2010

Dear List,

Continuing a conversation I had off-list with David Doria, there appears to be a possible bug with the OBJ reader.

The process goes like this, please forgive my terminology:

1) Using the attached OBJ file, read it, then place a glyph filter on the tree.
2) Note that the attached glyph filter has no arrays. All glyph vectors point along (1,0,0).
3) Delete the glyph filter, then save the paraview pipeline as a VTP file.
4) clear the tree
5) open the VTP file
6) attach a glyph filter. Note there is now a "Normals_" array.

-> Why did the glyph filter not work on the OBJ to show the normals? Is this a bug?

OBJ file. Save as something like "data.obj". In case of attachment scrubbing/email wrapping, the file is both attached and in-line

---------Cut below line---------
# OBJ file, containing only points and normals
#

v 315 -62.3371 156.152
vn -0.157145 0.722267 -0.673525
v 315 -44.3808 162.142