[Paraview] picking/widgets, events, ImageData -> plots

Randy Heiland heiland at indiana.edu
Mon Nov 1 16:46:11 EDT 2010

Utkarsh,

I've updated that page (http://mypage.iu.edu/~heiland/pv-stuff/) with my latest playing around.  Basically, I discovered the "Plot Over Line" filter which does sort of what I want - ability to plot a row in an ImageData.  However, I have a few questions:

1) why doesn't the plot dynamically update as I move (or as I move and then release the picked line source)?  It almost seems to update at random.  Does this have something to do with my PV Settings?  I do have "Auto Accept" on.

2) is there some way to constrain the line source to take on only integer Y values?  Basically, I only want to plot the exact values within the ImageData, no interpolation.

3) Instead of the Plot Over Line, I tried to use a VOI filter on the ImageData, thinking I might be able to extract just the row I wanted to plot, but saw that I am not allowed to specify a 1-D VOI.

thanks, Randy