[Paraview] how to record an animation in 3.6.2?

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bristol.ac.uk
Tue May 18 09:26:19 EDT 2010

I've a 3D binary file which I can view in paraview 3.6.2 fine.
There's no time history in the model.

I'd like to record (create) a keyframe animation, but can't see
how to do this.

I've tried to follow
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:AnimationTutorial

but can't get the menus the tutorial refers to.
Perhaps 3.6.2 is out of date? Or maybe the tutorial is outdated?

Just to explain better what I'd like (based on my keyframe
experience with Ensight) - I'd like to manually create frames
with the desired rotation/magnification/translucency, etc.
and record them one after another. Then to sync them with some
time measure.

Am I missing something very simple?

many thanks
anton