[Paraview] Branding branch

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue May 11 17:50:42 EDT 2010

What do you mean by it does not work? Missing DLLs still? Did you try
running the dependency walker to determine which dlls are missing?
Ensure that your PATH has those missing dlls.

Utkarsh

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 3:28 PM, A M <arsham at uga.edu> wrote:
> [...]
>> directory was in my PATH...
>> -Eric
>>
>> On May 11, 2010, at 4:44 PM, A M wrote:
>>
>> Dear David and Eric
>>
>> Thanks for the comments,
>> Davie:
>>
>> I added the path to the environment variable in VS and I still have the
>> same issue. I wrote something like this
>>
>> PATH=C:\Program Files\CMake 2.6\bin; C:\Qt\4.6.2\bin;C:\Program
>> Files\ParaView\bin ;%PATH%
>> this is what I think you meant.
>>
>> Eric:
>> I did that already (I mean compiling Paraview with the examples and
>> BUILD_EXAMPLES: ON) I still get the same error, I almost tried any trick in
>> the book you can imagine!  the PATH variable in my use environment variable
>> looks like the flowing:
>>
>> C:\Program Files\CMake 2.6\bin;
>> C:\Qt\4.6.2\bin
>> C:\Program Files\ParaView\bin ;
>> plus some other stuff not related to paraview, which seems pretty normal
>> to me, however I got the same errors as before! it does not find the dll
>> files.
>>
>> I honestly don't know what to do anymore. The only solution I can think of
>> right now is to switch to Linux operating system instead of windows, and
>> that doesn't necessarily means that problem would be solved either,
>>

>> best!
>> ~sam
>>
>> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Eric E. Monson <emonson at cs.duke.edu>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey Sam,
>>> Instead of trying to build those branded applications separately, did you
>>> try first to build ParaView with BUILD_EXAMPLES: ON and see if those
>>> applications are built correctly and run okay?
>>> I'm not really a Windows developer, either, but I've been able to build
>>> Release versions of the Example applications and my own branded app on
>>> Windows 7 64-bit. (I run them from the bin/Release directory under my build
>>> directory.) I used Qt 4.6.2 that I compiled myself with VS 64-bit compiler,
>>> Visual Studio 2008 Pro, CMake 2.8.1 and Python 2.6.
>>> My PATH variable is very minimal, I think only the Qt library entry is
>>> used to help configure the ParaView build:
>>>
>>> %USERPROFILE%\Programming\qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.2\lib;"C:\Program
>>> Files (x86)\CMake 2.8\bin";C:\Python26;C:\Program Files (x86)\VTK\bin
>>> (the VTK part at the end is just so my separate vtk python stuff runs
>>> okay)
>>> Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. All of us run into these
>>> strange things sometimes, but just so you know, it should work without any
>>> manual copying of libraries, etc.
>>> Good luck,
>>> -Eric
>>> Eric E Monson
>>> Duke Visualization Technology Group
>>>
>>> On May 11, 2010, at 1:05 PM, Dave Partyka wrote:
>>>
>>> To set the PATH when debugging from the IDE:
>>> 1. Right click the project and select Properties
>>> 2. In the tree view on the left select Debugging
>>> 3. In the main panel there will be an entry called 'Environment'
>>> 4. Set the Path by entering something like: