[Paraview] vtu: how to represent variation in cell end values?

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Fri Mar 26 11:40:20 EDT 2010

Emily,

It sounds like you need point data not cell data. Point data arrays
contain a value per point (those values are interpolated to obtain
values that are in the interior of the cell), cell data array contain
a value per cell (which is assumed to be constant across the cell).
VTK will interpolate point arrays linearly over a cell of type Line.

-berk